Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Beauty Queen

The princess has two careers in mind. I have no idea where she has gotten the inspiration to do either of these, but they are what she talks about. The first career (the one that gets mentioned the most) is that she is going to be a women police officer. She is enamored with the police officer (man) that stops traffic every Sunday morning at church. And for some reason she thinks it would be cool to follow in his footsteps. I think it is a control thing.

The other career which is also frequently mentioned, especially when she is coloring, is that she wants to be a fashion designer and get her picture taken. She loves to go pick out an outfit and then have someone take her picture. So, today we were at the mall when the photographer came out of Olan Mills and asked if she could borrow the princess for some photos. My mom radar went up and I must have looked at the women like she was nuts, b/c she quickly cleared up that she had some brand new equipment and that she needed a model. And then she offered me a whole picture package for free. So, of course my picture hungry child was all over it. She got to pose and prance for a good 20 minutes. Of course this was one of the few days I had insisted that she wear pants (it's cold here) and I had not insisted on brushing her hair. And to make matters worse, she has grown about 1/2 an inch in the last few weeks and she is now ready for Noah's flood. So, we have some of the most candid professional shots I've ever seen and now the princess if even MORE sure that she is destined for a career in fashion!

No comments: