The beginning of the week, I took the princess to her bi-yearly dentist appointment. This would be the 3rd time she had visited the dentist office. On our 1st two trips she took her beloved "draggie" to keep her company and to get her teeth cleaned also. And the awesome, wonderful, every so patient, hygientist always took time to clean those fake teeth!
As we were preparing to leave on Monday I made an executive decision without dicussing it with the princess. I decided that we would be leaving draggie at home in her bed. And things went well until about halfway through the trip when the princess realized that we had left her animal at home. There was some pretty in depth discussion about how her big sister was driving draggie to meet us at the dentist and all would be well. Okay, no big sister, here, but I can she can dream. So, I expected her to be a little timid when we got into the office. And she did go somewhat reluctantly through the door and then said she had a scared belly, but we sat down to read the Cat in the Hat and she seemed to forget where she was. So, out comes her hygientist and the princess pops up and ORDERS me to stay in the waiting room because she was big enough to do this ALL BY HERSELF!!!!!!!!!
WHAT....how did this child grow up between the parking lot and Cat in the Hat. So, I sat there in the waiting room twiddling my fingers and watching some of the more geriatric patients try to get in and out of the offce, for the whole 40 minute appointment. She re-appeared with new toothbrush in hand, new floss, a wonderful bouncy ball, and of course the prize of all prizes a green diamond shaped ring.
On Monday, I paid $94 for my daughter to realize that she can do things on her own and it actually is more fun without Mom. What have I done!
No comments:
Post a Comment