Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cheeky Pink

Yesterday we brought home the costume for the princess's recital at the end of the month. I decided this morning that we ought to throw it on to make sure that it still fit since they do the the fittings 6 months before you actually wear the thing. What kid doesn't grow in 6 months. So, we put it on and somewhere in the deep recesses of her mind the princess remembered that with costume comes make-up. She has a little make-up bag that resides in her top draw and it never comes out because it's just for ballet. She was pretty insistent this morning that she needed to try out her make-up and since I needed a shower I relented and her play with her make-up. (When I was a kid you always knew my granny had been in the bathroom because there was powder all over the counter when she came out...well it looked like granny had visited today!)

I tried to take some pictures, but wasn't having much luck getting the full effect. Like the pink rogue that wasn't exactly on her cheeks, but more along her jaw line! Or the small glops of lip gloss that dotted her lips. Or the steely blue eye-shadow that was lathered on her eye-lids. But you can still get a good look at the costume....



We were leaving for her weekly lunch date with Dad and she wanted to take her make-up bag so that she could add more if she needed it. More evidence that these things like using make-up can be more nature than nurture. I know I never taught her that a girl's make-up needs to be re-freshened through-out the day. So, tonight as I was making dinner she walks up and asks if her "cheeky pink" is still on. It took me a minute to realize that she meant her rogue and yes, I think there was still at least 2 or 3 layers left!

No comments: