On Tuesday we got new carpet. Hallelujah!!! The carpet in our house was 25 years old and had been a home to at least one cat and two children prior to our coming so it badly needed replacing. You know when you rip up your carpet pad and it has been reduced to DUST you need to bite the bullet and get new carpet. And being the misers that we are (okay, that's mostly me) we decided that we would move all the furniture and rip out the old stuff ourselves. And to top things off we decided that this should be done the day we got back from vacation. I mean why not? Weren't we supposed to be fully rested. Doug and I spent until midnight on Monday night getting the house ready while the princess slept in the kitchen!
Proceed to Tuesday and unbeknownst to me my husband "hired" some help to put all the furniture back into it's rightful place. His wonderful co-worker DannyP agreed to come down and help out and all we had to do was feed him dinner. Nice idea except that my entire kitchen was filled with furniture and just getting into the pantry required an acrobatic act! So we decided to head to the local cafeteria for dinner.
I found myself in the backseat with the princess who had decided that her Bible needed to accompany her to dinner. She was "reading" the stories and came upon the story of Jacob and Esau where Rebekah dresses up Jacob to sneak Esau's blessing. In the pictures Isaac and Rebekah look very old. They both have this long stringy looking gray hair. So, as we are riding the princess asks if my hair is going to be gray. I remind her that her grandmother's hair is pretty much gray and that my hair is starting to be noticeably gray on top. I wish I could have captured her expression. She looked horrified. At that moment I commented that my days as a blond beauty were over. But I also tried to soften the blow and said there was no way I would look like Rebekah. I'm not so sure she was convinced. (I've all ready told my hair chic that in the fall after the summer has blonded me as much as possible she is going to have to work some miracles on my gray head!)
So, all that led to her comment in the atrium. I think she is truly concerned about the well-being of my hair!!
No comments:
Post a Comment