Saturday, May 24, 2008

Graduation Day

Okay, I have to admit that I thought the idea of graduation from pre-school was pretty hokey. In fact the princess only attends pre-school one day a week while at least half these kids are there everyday, but she was pretty pumped about the idea of graduation so we put off our beach trip by a few hours to attend pre-school graduation. She walked the stage, but I learned a few things....

1. No matter how small the graduation you'd better have some kind of present for the graduate. We had finished the whole ceremony up and I had taken the princess to the bathroom when she brought it up. (There's nothing like potty talk)

"Mommy, did you see Egan's flowers?"

"Um, nope, didn't see those."

"Did you see the stuffed animal that Ava's mommy gave her?"

"Nope." (At this point I realize that I'm in deep water, but I plunge on...)

"Where's my present Mom?"

"Um....let's go talk to your Daddy."

So, we went and the much wiser Daddy reminded her that we were getting in the car and driving to the beach and that was a pretty good present. Pretty good answer, but we are two days out and she still hasn't forgotten. Well, at least there will always be kindergarten graduation next year!

2. No matter how small the graduation is it is an instant reminder that your child is moving quickly through life and before I know it she will be done. She was cute and precious marching in with her cap firmly set on her head, but she was soooo grown up.

3. No matter how small the graduation they are still so boring. Your only there to watch your child in all their cuteness and when you can no longer see them it just becomes a boring old graduation. At least this one didn't have speeches and 400 graduates, but I did have a few flashback to when I was working with high school teachers and attended half a dozen of these a year.




I just had to add this pic because the boy on the right is Ty. (The boy she stalks at school.)

These were the wonderful awesome teachers I've been referring too. Ms. Donna on the left and Ms. Beth on the right.

No comments: