Today was a gorgeous day here in NC. We started our day with a soccer game which we actually won. I don't remember how many games we played last year, but we lost them all and this was the fourth game of this season and our first win. (We did tie 0-0 last week. The princess kept asking me today if we really won. (Now, technically they don't keep score or declare anybody the winner at this age, but who are we kidding, everybody knows who wins!) After the game we had about an hour to kill before our buddies game so we came home. When we were getting ready to head back to the field the princess decided she needed to change clothes. Sure, I said. What was I thinking?
I wish I had a picture, but somehow at the time that didn't cross my mind. She came back out of her room with a pair of olive green skorts that would never pass the fingertip rule. (You know the one that says your skirt/short has to reach your fingertips at least). An very nice maroon colored t-shirt. Her Ariel crown that lights up. A purple boa that sheds feathers everywhere. A pink purse that has a big pink fluffy ball on it. And last, and certainly, not least a pair of pink heels that had the pink fluff on top! My girl went from cleats to pink high heels! Oh well.
I banned the heels because we have to walk through a gravel parking lot and across 2 soccer fields to get where we need to be. But, everything else went to the field. And yes, everybody noticed us as we walked across the fields. Thankfully few know me well enough to know that me hauling a diva across soccer fields is laughable!
No comments:
Post a Comment