Monday, August 17, 2009

The Day the Tooth Fairy Died (and other trivial things)

We are building a garage. Okay, we aren't really building it, my Dad is building it. Or at least he is having it built for us. But that's not the point. Two weeks ago they came and dug the footings for the new building. When they finished digging they left behind 3 very large piles of dirt. I "attempted" to move one of them, but after a very long and hot Friday night I decided that they were going to have to move themselves. Apparently the neighbors saw my labors and felt sorry for me so they went to our other neighbor and asked him to get the front loader and move them.

So, today a very well mannered (The dude knocked on my door to make sure it was alright to remove his shirt while he was working!) red-neck southern boy came over with a borrowed front loader and moved our dirt. The princess was pretty interested in this process and wanted to go out and watch. I had no qualms about it so I sent her on out. Apparently she felt the need to change before she headed out to watch this guy. She changed from a very cute pink jumper that screamed, "I'm 6" to this....

 


She went outside for a few minutes and watched Caleb work and then came back in and asked, "Mom, am I dressed fancy?" In my head my thoughts went something like, "Yeah, like a fancy hooker!" but I managed to voice that I thought she looked like a fancy dancer, but not like going to a fancy dinner.

"Oh, then I need to change." She proceeded to go get an old blue dress up dress that is several sizes too small, her fairy wings, and her Sunday shoes. Then she went back out to see Caleb.

I'm so in trouble in the year's to come!!

While I was cooking dinner tonight she was engrossed in a make believe game of fairies. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Pixie Hollow and the land of fairies each one has a talent. The princess declared herself Silvermist which means she has a water talent. They can do cool things with balls of water and make dew and stuff. The water supply for Pixie Hollow is Lake Havendish. However tonight as Silvermist floated through our house attending to her work duties the water supply had bean moved to the Jordan River!! I guess when the two books you spend the most time with are the Bible and fairies it's easy to confuse which water source is where!!!

And, yes, the tooth fairy died today. After just two teeth the tooth fairy has been found out in our house. Thanks mostly to her 8 year old cousin and a little bit of common sense we could no longer deny that Lily was nothing more than a Mom's feeble attempt to keep make believe alive just a little longer. I wonder now that there is no tooth fairy if she's going to still expect to be paid for those teeth??

1 comment:

Amy said...

Please ask her to not share that piece of info with my kids as I would like to continue this tradition until at least Jack loses his first tooth, if not longer.